JUNIOR STRATEGIST @ BWK
BWK is an award-winning communications consulting firm based in the Flatiron district of Manhattan. We are a dynamic team of consultants, researchers and writers who know how to create and execute on ambitious plans for our clients that hit a nerve with target audiences. We specialize in working with people and companies who are pioneering new fields or disrupting old ones, where crystal clear communication – and an authentic voice – is critical to success.
About the role
We are seeking a full-time junior strategist who will advise clients on public messaging, product launches and media relations. Consultants at BWK work in highly cross-disciplinary environments, assisting teams and clients with writing, strategy, journalist outreach, research and project management. This paid position will begin with a two-month trial period, designed to turn into a full-time opportunity at BWK.
Relevant experience and capabilities:
- University-educated (1-2 years work experience in a similar industry is a plus)
- Excellent communication and writing skills (please note a writing assessment is required)
- Able to manage several projects at once in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable working with minimal supervision and oversight
- Ability to work with a team to meet group objectives
- Great flexibility, and an openness to new ideas
- Knowledge of Mac platform; comfort with Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Powerpoint, Gmail
- Good with feedback and dedicated to consistent improvement
- Desire to work in a positive and demanding environment that rewards successes and supports development
- Prior research experience a plus
September 11, 2017
- Founded in 2012 by Ben Kellogg, award-winning PR consultant and advisor to world-class CEOs, scientists, artists and more.
- PR partner to TED, providing communications coaching and PR opportunities to TED's Fellowship program.
- Won PR News Award for the launch of Dollar Shave Club and named a Finalist for the PR News awards in the “Wow!” category for our unorthodox approach to media relations in a conference setting.
- Partnering with the most inspiring companies in the world pioneering new fields: from animal-free leather and biodegradable silk to algae-based food and nutrition and self-assembling materials.
- Past and current clients include TED, Modern Meadow, MIT, Mount Sinai, Biofabricate, Udemy, littleBits, Qualitas Health, Internews, Spark Capital, AMSilk and many more.
To apply, please send your resume, a cover letter and/or an introduction video (60 seconds or less) to jobs at bwkny dot com, telling us why you want to work at BWK and explaining what excites you about this role.